We love to play host, regardless of the size of your event. Aberdeen is home to more than 28,000 Aberdonians but, as the biggest city for miles around, we boast facilities and amenities of a much larger community. Highways 12 and 281 intersect the city and we’re just 75 miles from Interstate 29, so we’re easy to get to.
You’ll find 880+ hotel rooms with the ability to block hotel rooms for every event. Your guests will enjoy a lively night scene with something for everyone. Tasty dishes from a local eatery, access to hundreds of craft beers, nightly shows at the iconic Capitol Theatre, and more. Don’t forget to check out our calendar of events to discover other excitement taking place during your event dates.
At Your Service
From traditional meeting spaces to unique event venues, the Aberdeen Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is ready to assist. Our hometown hospitality is available to fine-tune the details of your meetings and take advantage of the opportunities that await outside of your working hours. We’re focused on making your meeting feel effortless.
- Planning and research assistance
- Facilitation of hotel proposals and room blocks
- Expert facility and accommodation knowledge
- Area tours and after-hour event recommendations
- Welcome materials for your attendees
We can additionally provide promotional support including digital advertising, signage or media support.
Book Aberdeen for Your Next Event
- Room configurations available from 704 sq ft to the full facility for 11,584 sq ft
- Connected lodging available with Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites and Hampton Inn Hotel & Suites
- 10,000 sq ft room option that seats 1,500 or services 1,200 for meals
- 5 additional meeting rooms with 5,000 sq ft
- Lecture hall with 212 permanent theater-style seats and flip-up desks
- More than 3,000 square feet of event space
- 2 multi-functional meeting rooms that accommodate up to 250 conference or banquet guests
- Competitive rates available for groups of all sizes
Additional Large Event Facilities
If your event calls for something larger than a convention facility, we’ve got options. Please contact us for more details on any of these venues.
Northern State University Barnett Center
- Athletic-education complex on Northern State University’s campus
- An ideal option for events needing extensive space or seating for several thousand
- Catering available by ARAMARK, the campus dining services
Holum Expo Building
- Located at the Brown County Fairgrounds
- Additional facilities include stock barns, a grandstand and space for livestock
- Popular location for trade shows, farm shows, home shows, horse shows and rodeos
- 28,800 square feet of exhibit space
Aberdeen Civic Arena & Theatre
- The Civic Arena, primarily used as a gym, has 3200 seats for events
- The Civic Theatre is a 1500 seat venue used for performances and meetings
- A number of multi use meeting and conference rooms also exist at this venue
Presentation College Strode Center
- The Strode Center is a 1200 seat gymnasium on the PC campus
- New to the campus is the Winter Dome boasting 63,000 square feet of space and kept at a comfortable 55 degrees year round
We can do that too. Here you’ll find a list of smaller, more intimate venues for class reunions, family reunions, small weddings or whatever you may have in mind. If you’re event calls for something along these lines, connect with us with any questions.