Aberdeen, South Dakota, lies a little more than 30 miles south of the state line, so much of what’s north of Aberdeen is North Dakota. If you’re traveling to North Dakota, we’ve compiled some travel tips and suggested stops.
There are some fun and wild places to visit along the way!
Stretch out on a hike
- Fort Ransom State Park
- Located between Valley City, N.D., and Oakes, N.D.
- Several short hiking trails to stretch your legs.
- Historic state park.
- Fort Abercrombie State Historic Site.
- Located about 10 miles east of Interstate 29.
- Historic trails.
- Frontier Village/National Buffalo Museum/World’s Largest Buffalo.
- These three attractions are all in the same location.
- Hikes around town.
- North Dakota Sports Hall of Fame.