One of the best parts of taking a trip is sharing photos with your friends and family — whether online or in person. But where are the best places to take pictures in Aberdeen?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you!
Aberdeen Recreational and Cultural Center/Central Park
- Located at 225 Second Ave. S.E. Thousands of students past through the halls of what is often referred to as “Old Central.” When the school moved to South Roosevelt Street and the city Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department moved in, the parking lot was established as a park.
- Located at 415 S. Main St. The historic capitol marque was restored in the 1990s, and is usually lit up every night from 6:30 to shortly after 7 p.m., and longer if there’s a special event or play.
- With lions, tigers and bears, as well as bison and water buffalo, the wildlife alone is worth the trip to the museum. Add in interactive children’s exhibits and a look at the Aberdeen of yesteryear, your selfie stick will get a workout.
- Located at 2110 S. Dakota St. The Arboretum features not only tree specimens, but a rose garden, children’s area and a gazebo, all on the banks of the Moccasin Creek.
- Located at 316 17th Ave. S.E. There’s a skate park, tennis courts and playground equipment, which means lots of great action shots!
- Located on Milwaukee Avenue Northeast where it meets the Moccasin Creek. Heads south to Melgaard Road.
Moccasin Creek trail footbridge
- Located roughly where 12th Avenue S.E. would cross the Moccasin Creek, this footbridge connects the Aberdeen Aquatic Center to the south side Moccasin Creek trail.
Northern State University Memorial Archway
- Located at 1200 S. Jay St. The archway was installed as a memorial to the students that died during World War I, but has become the official entrance to campus.
- Located at 503 N. Third St. When the neon lights are on, this ice cream hot spot becomes a classic Aberdeen photograph.
- Located 1 mile north of Aberdeen on U.S. Highway 281. Also known as Lake Minne-Eho, it’s a great place to snap a photo of an iconic South Dakota sunset.