Aberdeen is a popular weekend getaway. Those hoping to make a last-minute weekend camping reservation have learned that the hard way.
All of the fun Aberdeen offers on the weekend is available during the week, usually with fewer people and sometimes at lower prices.
Americans are notorious for leaving vacation days unused, in 2018 that number was 768 million and experts estimate even more than that went unused last year due to the pandemic.
So here’s five reasons to use those vacation days this summer and book an Aberdeen trip Sunday through Thursday.
It’s the same during the week
- Between roughly Memorial Day weekend and the week of the Brown County Fair, Aberdeen attractions are open every day, weather permitting. That means that everything available on the weekend is here on a Tuesday as well.
- There’s usually fewer people at attractions like Storybook Land and the Aberdeen Aquatic Center, meaning shorter lines for rides and water slides.
- There might be special deals at some attractions and accommodations to take advantage of during the week that just aren’t there when demand is high on the weekend. You might just spend less during the week.
- Because the demand is less, trying to book a cabin, camping spot or hotel room for Sunday through Thursday nights is far less stressful.
- Doesn’t it seem like the nicest summer days are during the week when you’re stuck at work? Get outdoors during the week and soak up that great weather before it disappears!
What are you waiting for? Start planning your Aberdeen escape today!