All of the things that make Aberdeen a great place to visit also make Aberdeen a great place to live.
Afternoons spent at Storybook Land or the Aberdeen Aquatic Center in the summer and evenings spent cheering on the Aberdeen Wings, Northern State University Wolves or the Presentation College Saints are even more fun when you don’t have hours to drive to get home after the fun is done.
- The average daily commute of someone living in Aberdeen is less than 15 minutes.
- There are more than 30 miles of recreation trails throughout the city.
- There are more than 500 acres of public parks.
- Aberdeen is home to three golf courses.
- There are two state recreation areas within 20 miles of the city.
- Dozens of live theater and musical productions through Aberdeen Community Theatre, Northern State University and the three high schools.
- Four grocery stores: two local chains, one national chain and a co-op and an active farmers market in the summer.
- Sunshine! Aberdeen has nearly 200 sunny days a year, on average.